We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations.
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this Policy either by email to email@example.com or by writing to Forgotten Houses, Bosvathick, Constantine, Falmouth TR11 5RZ. Alternatively, you can telephone 01326 340153.
How do we collect information from you?
Our team are aware of the importance of handling data safely and securely and understand the procedures we have in place to ensure this happens.
We collect information from you when you make a booking, or make an enquiry about our properties via our team either over the telephone or email.
We collect information from you when you complete a form to sign up to receive our Newsletters via our website or our social media site and also when booking online on our website. We also collect information about you when we take a payment from you. This information is required to complete the task in question.
We will ask you to confirm that you are happy to receive communications from us and if you would like to be signed up to our newsletter to receive the latest news and offers from Forgotten Houses.
In running and operating our website, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site.
We collect information relating to website users by using cookies (see details below).
What type of information is collected from you?
The data we collect from you may be classed as ‘personal data’ – information about an individual who can be identified by it.
The information we collect about you might include the following;
- your name / name of partner or spouse / name of your children
- your address and postcode
- your email address
- your home telephone number / mobile number
- your demographic information such as interests and preferences
- your IP address
- your web browser type and version
- your credit or debit card details when making a payment (this payment data is not retained beyond the date of the stay booked).
- any information regarding what pages on our website are accessed and when
The data we may collect;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as booking a booking a holiday property.
- Information you provide when you complete our Newsletter Sign Up Form.
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via the website, or other advertising mediums,
- Information you provide if you complete a survey.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use our website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service and may be sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
- If you make a purchase from us via our website, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal data to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes.
How will we use the data about you?
We may use your information;
- to process your booking for accommodation
- to provide you with information you have requested from us about our products and services
- for processing entries into a competition;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our business or website, including improvements, and service or product changes
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about stays, information about the various holiday cottages and the surrounding areas and replies to requests and bookings enquiries/confirmations
- if you consent, to notify you via our sales and marketing channels (email, telephone or post) of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. You can stop these communications at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us via telephone or in writing (please see ‘How to opt out’ below)
- for our internal purposes including internal record keeping, statistical purposes, quality control, website performance and evaluation, improvements to products and services.
- To notify the holiday cottage owner who is staying at their property. We will provide them with your name and phone number if so requested for the purposes of contacting you for the specific purpose of your booked holiday in an emergency and not for any future communication.
Who has access to your information?
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act of 1984 and 1998, we follow procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss of information under our control. Our security measure may mean that we will require proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments i.e. Mail Chimp to send you marketing communications). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we ensure their own Privacy Policies are in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes
When you are using our secure online booking system, your purchase is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Whilst we take appropriate measures, both technical and organisational, to safeguard your personal data you provide us, we cannot guarantee that transmissions over the internet are totally secure, therefore the transfer of personal data via the internet is entirely at your own risk.
The transfer of your information outside of Europe
Retention of information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list we may still hold your personal data on our database to the extent permitted by law.
How do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our properties and offers, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01326 340153 and we will process your request within 7 days
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
Your ‘right to be forgotten’ and access. You are legally entitled to access, modify, correct, revoke your consent and delete any data we hold relating to you and that you have the legal right to forbid this data being prevented to any third parties. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Forgotten Houses Ltd. holds about you at any time. Please use the contact details below if you would like to receive a copy. The accuracy of your information is also important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com or write to us at: Forgotten Houses, Bosvathick, Constantine, Falmouth TR11 5RZ. Alternatively, you can telephone 01579 350044.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
To find out more about how to manage cookies through your chosen browser go to www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.